What an absolutely fabulous idea for a calendar. CRG printed 5000 of these calendars and gave them away to the residents of the homes and their families, as well as to staff members.
Here are the twelve scenes for the twelve months of the year. Can you name the movies and lead actors and actresses? Scroll down for the answers.
|1. Wilhelm Buiting, 89|
|2. Marianne Brunsbach, 86|
|3. Erna Rütt, 86, and Alfred Kelbch, 81|
|4. Erwin J. von der Heiden, 80|
|5. Erna Schenk, 78|
|6. Ingeborg Giolbass, 84, and Erich Endlein, 88|
|7. Lothar Wischnewski (left), 76, and Margarete Schmidt, 77|
|8. Martha Bajohr, 77|
|9. Joanna Trachenberg, 81, and Horst Krischat, 78|
|10. Irmgard Alt, 79, and Siegfried Gallasch, 87|
|11. Johann Liedtke, 92 and Marianne Pape, 79|
|12. Walter Loeser (left), 98, and Kurt Neuhaus, 90|
Check your answers below for the movie titles and the lead actors and actresses. What was your score?
1. James Bond "For Your Eyes Only" - Sean Connery
2. "Breakfast at Tiffany's" - Audrey Hepburn
3. "Titanic" - Kate Winslet and Leonardo de Caprio
4. "Rocky" - Sylvestor Stallone
5. "Mary Poppins" - Julie Andrews
6. "The Seven-Year Itch" - Marilyn Monroe and Tom Ewell
7. "Blues Brothers" - John Belushi and Dan Aykroyd
8. "Cabaret" - Liza Minelli
9. "Giant" - Elizabeth Taylor and James Dean
10. "Saturday Night Fever" - John Travolta and Karen Lynn Gorney
11. "Dirty Dancing" - Jennifer Grey and Patrick Swayze
12. "Easy Rider" - Peter Fonda and Dennis Hopper
Now that you have seen all the recreations, who says the Germans don't have a sense of fun and humour? For the story behind the calendar, read the original article that was first published in Der Spiegel.
The calendar inspired another senior centre to come up with an 18-month calendar of vintage movies scenes re-enacted by members of the seniors living communities. Below are two of them. No prizes for the correct answers. To view the rest, go to Seniors Living Communities. All proceeds go to local charities.
Wonder if any company here would be interested in sponsoring a calendar based on a similar concept? We know plenty of seniors who fit the bill for models and who would be thrilled to be featured in the calendar. Proceeds to go to charity, of course.